Started the morning off by weighing in at 276.9. That’s over three pounds lost since I last posted at the end of June! While I’m happy about this, I’m not excited about it. Here’s why:
I’m aware that I am right on track with everything that is recommended by professionals. All of them say good weight loss is 1-2 pounds per week, and essentially over the last 3 weeks, I’ve lost just over 1 pound per week. Which means I’m on target for where I need to be.
Yet I find myself feeling so discouraged by the progress I’m making.
- Discouraged because:
- I haven’t figured out how to lose weight and have fun doing so
- Others who are losing weight with me seem to have it figured out and are losing weight faster
- I have such a long way to go
- I feel like I was eating such crap and in such large quantities that I thought cutting a lot of that out would equal more than one pound
- I’m not sure I can do this long term
- I have such a messed up relationship with food that it’s one of the few things in my life that makes me happy, and I’m feeling incredibly sad without it
- I fear I can do this but not sustain it, and I’ll end up heavier than I am now
As you can see there’s quite a bit of fear, doubt and sadness that I am experiencing. I’m going to try and stick with it though.